Xavier Bouckaert • CEO
Roularta Media Group (RMG was founded in 1954) is a Belgian listed multimedia group with more than 1,300 employees and a total combined revenue of 300 million euro.
- Over the past few decades, RMG has launched the largest free journals in the country (Deze Week and De Zondag), as well as the largest free magazine (Steps).
- The first publication from Roularta was De Roeselaarse Weekbode, meanwhile evolved into KW - De Krant van West-Vlaanderen.
- Roularta created the six Belgian news magazines (Knack - LeVif/L’Express, Trends Dutch/French, Sport/Voetbal and Sport/Foot Magazine
- With the acquisition of the Sanoma titles in Belgium, Roularta also became the largest publisher of women's magazines with Libelle/Femmes d'Aujourd'hui, Flair Dutch/French and Feeling/Gaël, Libelle Lekker/Libelle Délices and Libelle/Nest Dutch/French, La Maison Victor Dutch/French.
Roularta is the publisher of the monthly magazine for seniors Plus Magazine in Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany.
Roularta possesses a 50 % participation in the newspapers De Tijd and L'Echo (via Mediafin).
Roularta exploits business TV channel Kanaal Z (Dutch) / Canal Z (French).
- Through acquisitions, Roularta has become a market leader in medical publications, IT publications and professional journals for the graphic design industry.
- The Roularta websites cover all domains in terms of relevant quality information and reach 3.7 million ‘’real users’’ per month.
- Knack.be/LeVif.be is the largest quality news site in the country with 1.8 million “real users”.
- Roularta Digital is the complete local advertiser package for internet marketing.
- Roularta Printing is the largest printing company in the country.
- With Trends Business Information Roularta provides all financial and marketing data of all Belgian companies.
- Roularta organises events in the business and lifestyle sector and develops all possible line extensions around its strong brands: books and magazine specials, travel and design.
THE BELGIAN NEWS MAGAZINES
Roularta is the publisher of the six Belgian ‘’newsmagazines’’: three types of news magazines in Dutch and French:
- Knack and Le Vif/L’Express, the general news magazines combined with lifestyle magazines Weekend Knack and Weekend Le Vif/L’Express, and entertainment magazines Focus Knack and Focus Vif.
- Trends and Trends Tendances, the business news magazines.
- Sport/Voetbal and Sport/Foot Magazine, the sports news magazines.
Roularta publishes the weekly magazines Libelle/Femmes d’A’aujourd’hui and Flair (Dutch/French) for a specific female target group.
Besides, Roularta publishes the monthly magazines Feeling/Gaël and Trends Style (Dutch/French), the lifestyle magazine for the modern man.
In addition the health magazine Bodytalk (Dutch/French) is published 6 times a year.
The magazine with the fashion patterns La Maison Victor appears in Dutch/French/English and German.
Télépro is the weekly TV magazine for the French-speaking part of Belgium.
MAGAZINES FOR PEOPLE OVER FIFTY
Together with its partner Bayard Presse (Paris), RMG continues to develop an international group of specialised magazines for people over fifty: Plus in Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany. In 2020 Plus Magazine Belgium and in 2021 Plus Magazine The Netherlands and Germany (Frau im Leben and G/Geschichte) will be 100% Roularta publications.
MAGAZINES IN THE NETHERLANDS AND GERMANY
Senior magazines Plus Magazine, Frau im Leben and the monthly G/Geschichte are published in Germany.
In the Netherlands Roularta publishes the monthly country magazine Landleven.
OTHER NICHE MAGAZINES
RMG publishes the following niche magazines: the country lifestyle magazine Nest (Dutch/French), travel magazine Grande (Dutch/French), the French-language weekly TV news magazine Télépro, the building and renovation magazine Ik ga Bouwen en Renoveren (Dutch/French), the monthly magazine Bodytalk (Dutch/French) and Style Trends (Dutch/French), the lifestyle magazine for the modern person.
Under the umbrella of Roularta Media B2B, Roularta Media Group brings together a range of high-quality journals aimed at professional readers. All titles are published in Dutch and French.
Each of the publications (print, e-newsletter and websites) meets the specific needs of the various fields (medical, tax, financial, legal, IT, industrial, management, graphics design and HR). A team of news-driven journalists and experts inform about the latest national and international trends, provide in-depth analysis, and offer commentary on their field.
The main titles include Fiscoloog, Balans, Sterck, Data News, the doctor’s magazine Artsenkrant, and Grafisch Nieuws.
Through the organisation of interactive round tables, seminars and events, Roularta regularly brings together “key people” from the specific professional domains.
This 360° approach allows Roularta to offer communication to suit everyone.
Roularta HealthCare is a market leader in the medical press segment. In addition to Artsenkrant/Le journal du Medecin, we also publish Apotheker/le Pharmacien, Belgian Oncology News and HealthCare Magazine. Each title specialises in a specific subdomain and informs general practitioners, specialists, pharmacists and managers from the (health) care field of the latest news in their profession. And of course there are newsletters and websites associated with each title. All titles are published in Dutch and French.
THE REGIONAL PAPERS
KW De Krant van West-Vlaanderen is the weekly paper for the province of West Flanders. It consists of three parts:
The regional paper, a local paper with its traditional titles for every region: KW De Weekbode, KW Het Wekelijks Nieuws, KW De Zeewacht, KW Het Brugsch Handelsblad and a lifestyle and entertainment magazine KW Weekend. KW De Krant van West-Vlaanderen is available everywhere but the paper is mainly distributed by postal subscription.
THE BUSINESS NEWSPAPERS
Roularta possesses a 50 % participation in Mediafin with the general business newspapers De Tijd and L'Echo, which hold their main focus on everything that goes in the world of business, financial markets and politics. Both the newspaper and the website of De Tijd and L’Echo reach out to entrepreneurs, managers and investors… In a nutshell: people who take the initiative. De Tijd and L’Echo aspire to be a decision maker’s tool, on paper as well as online. The multimedia editorial staff and newsroom are there to guarantee that all the news is equally available on smartphone, tablet, website and even web TV.
ROULARTA LOCAL MEDIA
The first editions were launched 60 years ago. De Zondag has been around since 2001 and is the newspaper with the largest circulation and the largest number of readers in Flanders. A complete paper with high-frofile interviews, the current news exclusively on Sunday mornings up to and including sports coverage and the complete guide to a happy well-filled Sunday. The original distribution approach in bakeries and department stores open on Sundays makes it possible to reach 1.5 million readers on a Sunday morning.
In addition Roularta Media Group publishes the largest free magazine in the country: Steps magazine, always with special issues such as “The Communion paper”, “Loving You”, etc.
Roularta Local Media makes it possible to start up geolocalised digital campaigns: digital advertisements are published on the Roularta websites (news sites, ads sites, service sites, sites of Trends Business Information, etc.) and they appear in the regions which are interesting for the local advertiser.
Kanaal Z/Canal Z (100% Roularta) is the Belgian news and business channel that reaches 1.3 million viewers weekly.
Roularta Printing is Belgium’s largest offset printer, producing top quality newspapers, magazines and catalogues for Belgium and abroad.
All subscribers to Knack and Trends, Le Vif/L’Express and Trends Tendances receive digital access to the 6 Belgian news magazines. By using the website or the app, they can read the digital version of Knack, Le Vif/L’Express, Trends (Dutch/French) and Sportmagazine (Dutch/French) on their mobile phone, tablet or PC. In addition all subscribers have access to the news sites (+knack.be, levif.be, trends.be, etc.) including the +zone which is reserved for subscribers. They can also take a look at the electronic archives, including all the articles up to 20 years ago.
An internet editorial staff designs the largest Belgian news room together with the editorial staff from the 6 news magazines. The internet editorial staff is responsible for 24/7/365 relevant and in-depth background information and follows the current events closely.
Roularta also works with Rossel in developing autovlan.be, gocar.be. With Rossel and Belfius, Roularta develops immovlan.be
Roularta Recruitment Solutions has a multimedia offering with the Streekpersoneel section in De Streekkrant/De Weekkrant and De Zondag, with streekpersoneel.be, with targeted digital ads via knack.be, trends.be, libelle.be, and with numerous recruitment salons.